sabato 10 aprile 2021

MY COVID ADVENTURE

 


Suddenly my whole life changed. One morning my husband has a fever and I don't feel great. He makes a swab for Covid because he works in an office in contact with people. Positive. The ordeal begins. My whole family and I are Covid positives. Fever, cough, broken bones, shortness of breath, sore throat. I am getting worse while the rest of the family resist and they have moderate symptoms. After a week of high fever and other symptoms, my doctor tells me with a certain sufficiency and so lightly "that there are patients who have a fever for 4 months" and she does nothing.
On 24th March I was hospitalized and the news is the worst: bilateral interstitial pneumonia from Covid.
Everything stops, nothing is as before. You feel in a bubble from which you do not know how, but above all, you do not know if you will get out. Symptoms worsen, I have the mask with non-stop oxygen to breathe, cortisone in the vein, and heparin stings. And no certainty. You don't know what can happen. It can get worse ... it can improve ... no one even knows. Neither the doctors, unfortunately. This disease kills you inside. It takes away hope, there is no certainty in the treatments, every physicist reacts in its personal way! My body took a long time to react, but it seems like he's got through the worst of it. I hope to recover soon. Now they have discharged me from the hospital and I am at home with my family! Pure joy! I make a prayer to everyone: be careful, even a single moment of distraction can be dangerous and above all the indifference of people is very dangerous! One minute of fun and entertainment at this moment is not worth your life or that of others! And now I want to go back to creating !!! I know that will help me in the recovery !!!!! I hope to make it as soon as possible .... who knows! Cross your fingers maybe we'll see you  Monday ... or the next one !!!
Tim Holtz  SimonSaysStamp  Stampers Anonymous  Paula Cheney  Mario J Rossi  Stacy Hutchinson I'm coming back! Thanks to all my followers for the patience! I love you all!!!


Improvvisamente tutta la mia vita è  cambiata. Una mattina mio marito ha la febbre e io non mi sento benissimo. Lui fa il tampone. Per il Covid perché  lavora in un ufficio  a contatto con la persone. Positivo. Inizia il calvario. Io e tutta la mia famiglia siamo positivi. Febbre, tosse, ossa rotte, affanno respiratorio, mal di gola. Io sto sempre peggio mentre il resto della famiglia resiste e ha sintomi moderati. Dopo una settimana di febbre alta e altri sintomi,  il mio medico mi dice con una certa sufficienza e  con tanta leggerezza " che ci sono pazienti che hanno la febbre per 4 mesi" e non fa nulla.
Il 24 mi ricoverano e la notizia è  la peggiore: polmonite bilaterale interstiziale da Covid.
Si ferma tutto, nulla è più come prima. Ti senti in una bolla dalla quale non sai come,  ma soprattutto,  non sai se uscirai. I sintomi peggiorano, maschera con ossigeno senza interruzione per respirare, cortisone in vena e punture di eparina. E nessuna certezza. Non sai cosa può  accadere. Può  peggiorare... può  migliorare... nessuno lo sa nemmeno  i medici purtroppo. Questa malattia ti uccide dentro. Ti toglie speranza, non c'è  certezza nelle cure, ogni fisico reagisce nel suo modo! Il mio  fisico ci ha messo tanto tempo a reagire,  ma sembra che abbia superato la fase peggiore.  Mi hanno dimesso dall'ospeale e sono a casa con la mia famiglia: pura gioia! Spero di riprendermi presto. Faccio una preghiera a tutti : state attenti  anche un solo attimo di distrazione può  essere pericoloso e soprattutto il menefreghismo della gente é  pericolosissimo! Un attimo di  svago in questo momento  non vale la vostra vita né  quella degli altri! E ora voglio tornare a creare!!! So che mi aiuterà  nella ripresa!!!!! Spero di farcela al più  presto....chissà! Incrociate le dita magari ci vediamo il prossimo  Lunedì...o quello successivo!!! Grazie a tutti per la pazienza! Vi amo tutti!

8 commenti:

Redanne ha detto...

Oh Barbara, you and your family have been through such a lot! My heart goes out to you and I totally understand how wonderful it must be for you to be home with your family again. I have recently returned home after nearly a month in hospital with pneumonia (but not Covid related) and a heart issue, and am so happy to be recuperating here. Please take time to get yourself well again and I wish you and your family a healthy future. Big hugs, Anne xxx

Unknown ha detto...

Dear Barbara, wishing you speed in your recovery! Best wishes to you and I can't wait to see you creating again SOON!

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) ha detto...

so glad you survived this horrible virus.. praying for your complete recovery!

sally ha detto...

I send healing thoughts to you in the hope that they do some good work! I will continue to be careful myself. Ciao

Sally xx

Enri ha detto...

Yaya mi dispiace per la brutta avventura che hai vissuto! un augurio di veloce ripresa!

Robyn Lynn ha detto...

I'm so sorry to hear of your battle with Covid. Praying for a full, speedy recovery!

Beulah Bee ha detto...

Mia cara amica, Barbara - La tua storia di Covid era pura, onesta e reale - grazie a Dio che ti stai riprendendo! Le cure mediche negli Stati Uniti non sono molto migliori e solo i ricchi e potenti ricevono una buona assistenza. Ora sei al sicuro, però, con una migliore immunità di un vaccino (che può essere altrettanto pericoloso). Vacci piano e abbi cura di te stesso, se diventi blu ricorda solo che tesoro sei per tutti noi!

My dear friend, Barbara - Your Covid story was pure, honest and real - thanks be to God that you are recovering! Medical treatment in the United States is not much better and only the rich and powerful get good care. Now you are safe, though, with better immunity than a vaccine (which can be just as dangerous). Take it easy and take good care of yourself, if you get blue just remember what a treasure you are to all of us!

sarascloset ha detto...

So sorry to hear of your battle with this crazy disease, but thankful to God for His protection over you (and your family). Good to hear you are on the mend, and cheating a little see you are back in the swing of amazing artful things once again! All the best to you, Barbara!